Thursday 9 October 2008

Presentation

This morning I present a demo of our software to a potential client. It's just another team inside a joint venture company, but they're still new clients, in essence. Preparing for it has been like school assignments, only with a shorter deadline and far more vague goals. I was able to talk myself into it by considering it an acting gig, but it's still not much fun.

Worse than being asked was the fact that it came at a bad time. Paul left a while ago, and he would have handled this on his own, and Ross is in training all week, so I'm the only available person.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'll get through it.
PPS - And if they don't want to use the software, no harm done.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I wish I could be there to see you do the presentation!

I'd love to see how you do - I'm sure you'll be great. Quietly confident, that's you.

John said...

With more practice, I'm sure I could put together something impressive. As it was, I described what I knew, and my confidence was mostly in the software. There are times when I was asked to demonstrate software with many glaring deficiencies, and it's hard to be confident in that situation.