Friday 6 March 2009

DVD library management with Libra

I am interested in using a program called Libra for managing my home DVD and book library. It has this neat feature where it can read barcodes via webcam and look up details online to save you entering it all manually. Unfortunately, I don't have a webcam. I do, however, have a regular digital camera and access to the internet, the standard repository for all human knowledge (among other things). My search for how to use a digital camera as a webcam turned up a page that pretty much said "read your manual to see if and how you can". Not especially helpful. However, I still have high hopes for Libra as a home library manager.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm sure my Dad would make good use of it too.
PPS - His DVD collection is extensive.

UPDATE: Since Libra uses Amazon to pull data down, and Amazon refuses to believe in Australia, Libra is not so smooth to use in this part of the world for DVDs. It should still work well for books, though.

No comments: