Friday 14 January 2011

Incurable bad breath

I suffer from bad breath. I think I got it from my Dad, and I have it nearly all the time. If I haven't brushed my teeth in the last few hours, my breath smells like a toilet. The most frustrating part of the whole experience for me is that there is no way to cure this condition. The best you can do is cover it up and hope nobody notices. While I realise that bad breath is probably an invention of people who wanted to sell us scented toothpaste, mouthwash and chewing gum, that doesn't help me when I live in a culture that values smelling nice over actual bodily cleanliness. Now if you'll excuse me, it's been a good three minutes since I last chewed some gum and the house plants are starting to wither.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Nobody seems to know what causes chronic halitosis.
PPS - Or at least the people who claim to know are inconsistent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man we two seem to be in the same phase of our life. it really screws our life. me myself is looking for a cure hav u found something worth. pls share.

John said...

No, I have nothing like a cure to offer. That is, in fact, the point of this post. Nobody does.