Monday 10 January 2011

LoseIt and converting measurements

I've started using a website called LoseIt to help lose a little weight by tracking my food intake. It's just calorie counting, so nothing revolutionary there, and all the measurements are in imperial units like fluid ounces and pounds. I looked for an option to switch to SI units and instead found an FAQ entry that states why the site is limited to the old system. The claim is that this is because of the database storing information in imperial units, but that makes no sense. After all, can't computers multiply and convert between units after they're retrieved from the database? I could write all the necessary conversions in a single afternoon and probably in a single hour.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Adding such conversions to their software would take longer.
PPS - I'm sure I could do it.

No comments: