Monday 28 March 2011

Really jumping on eggs without breaking them

Some time ago, a video from the BBC's past resurfaced online - a man "jumping on eggs without breaking them". He seems to be a little short on real skill (he's just touching an egg with one foot while jumping), and it's quite embarassing on his behalf, but it reminded me of a story I read years ago. There was a man, I wish I could find his name, who used to do stunts like this with two large weights held in his hands. By swinging the weights, he could change his momentum and, for instance, jump on eggs with *both* feet and back off without breaking them, leap over a cart horse from a standing start, and jump over a body of water in two hops, looking like he bounced on the water in the middle. That seems like one of those impressive skills you might find on YouTube these days, but nobody seems to have done it.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The trouble is that my search terms keep bringing up this other guy.
PPS - And I no longer have the book where I read about it.

No comments: