Monday 14 March 2011

Replacing Space Quest

While cleaning out a cupboard the other day, I found my old Space Quest game boxes. I've held on to them because they had great sentimental value to me. They were some of the first games I played and loved, not to mention the fact that the boxes contained all those extra goodies that game boxes used to, like maps, comics, collectible pieces and manuals. The trouble with these games now is that they are contained on floppy discs of both the 3.5" and 5.25" variety, and I have no way of actually reading them, let alone checking their integrity.

I would, theoretically, replace them with the Space Quest Collection, an updated version on CD or DVD, but this is unavailable in Australia because ... actually, why is that? It's also on Steam, but banned from sale in Australia, since that would obviously be too much trouble. In short, these games are still technically available for sale, only not where I live, for no apparent reason.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The only reason to ban their sale on Steam would be to sell them another way.
PPS - Or because you hate money.

No comments: