Monday 18 July 2011

Offline viewing

There are some things on the web that take a long time to read or watch, like long articles and videos, but they're almost never designed to make it easy to consume them. It's not that I can't or won't read these long articles, really, it's just that my free time doesn't always come in chunks large enough to allow me to do so in one sitting. Bookmarking such a thing online to pick up later is practically impossible, and with video you can just forget it. I could print them, technically, but that's wasteful and seems silly when I read books on my phone all the time. My point is this: if you're going to put a long article or long video on the web, allow for easy offline viewing on a mobile phone.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Not long ago, I wouldn't even have had that option.
PPS - Which makes things much more complicated.

No comments: