Wednesday 8 February 2012

Happiness comes before success

I shared this on Facebook yesterday, but it's impacted me so much that I wanted to show it here, too:


The basic message is that we have it backwards: we work harder to be more successful and hope therefore to be happier. But we perform our best when we are happy now, so we need to focus on that. He presents it really well, and I can't do it justice in a paragraph summary. You'll be glad you watched it, I promise, but in case you can't do that, you need to do these five things today instead:

1. Write down 3 new things you are grateful for.
2. Journal one positive experience from the past 24 hours.
3. Exercise.
4. Meditate or pray.
5. Email someone in your support network to compliment or thank them.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Then keep doing that every day for three weeks.
PPS - That's straight from the video, too.

No comments: