Tuesday 21 February 2012

Organising ad-hoc information

Sometimes I get disheartened about my options for organising and capturing information. When I'm at the stage of vaguely contemplating a project, such as building myself the ultimate bedside table, I'll have lots of random thoughts, sketches and research threads to track. And keeping it all together semi-coherently just doesn't happen. I can make notes and keep them in a text file, but if I make a baseline sketch, I'll need to manually digitise it, file it and annotate it to keep it with the rest of the project notes. What I really want is a tool that I can draw in, type in, use like rearrangeable index cards and generally just capture all my thoughts in whatever format they come to me. It sounds amazing, but it's nowhere near reality yet.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It might be too busy with all of those features, though.
PPS - Unless it's really well designed.

No comments: