Tuesday 15 May 2012

Calendar timeline views

As good as daily, weekly, monthly or agenda views of calendars are in software, I think it would also be good to have a timeline view. It would be a lot like the agenda view, with every event listed, but the gaps between them would be to scale with the time of day. I suppose what I'm thinking of is a kind of continuous day view. My problem with day view, for the most part, is that it's too fat on a proper computer monitor and too tall on a mobile phone. My problem with agenda view is that it's all text, so there's no way to engage your visual memory or pattern recognition at all. A good timeline view would give the best of both, in theory.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - But not like the Facebook timeline.
PPS - That one is too hard to read, with items on both sides.

No comments: