Tuesday 17 July 2012

Business cards doubling as stickers

When doctors need to fill in your details on a form, they will often have a set of stickers printed up and ready to go. Instead of writing out your name labouriously and with possible errors every time, they just peel off a sticker and paste it on the form. The writing is clear because it's printed, and they save time and effort.

So why can't we all do that? I would personally like my business cards to be printed with a peel-off sticker incorporated right into them. That way, I could carry a couple with me at all times (as I already do), and they can still serve as business cards, but if I need to fill in my name and contact details on a form, I can just peel a sticker off one of my cards and attach it to the form. No fuss, no time wasted, no errors.

VistaPrint will print business card stickers like this in Australia at a cost of about $6 per sheet of 10. That's 60c per sticker, which is a lot to pay just for the privilege of not writing your name out a few times. Also, the only sense in which they are "business card stickers" is that they are business-card-sized and the designs are drawn from the same stock imagery as their business card range. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Even if you buy in bulk, you're still talking more money than convenience here.
PPS - Which is a shame, because I would have liked to try them out.

No comments: