Thursday 4 October 2012

AirDroid review

I like the AirDroid app because it lets me use my computer to send and receive texts from my phone, and the physical keyboard is much faster and easier to use. But it's still a bit limited. I have to run it on my phone, log into a website locally, and use the custom pseudo-windows interface to accomplish that task. And if my phone loses WiFi connection at any point, I have to log in again.

As for the rest of AirDroid, not much else of it is useful beyond the clipboard access and file management. If you don't have a cable with you, it could be useful for copying files between a computer and your phone, and since it runs in any web browser, you don't need to install anything on the computer itself.

In all, it's a solid app, but the interface makes it look like it does more useful things than you will probably use it for.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - One small annoyance is that using a secure connection is not the default.
PPS - It really should be.

No comments: