Friday 1 February 2013

Bank website design

I don't like that transferring money online through Suncorp is broken into three different types: transfer between my accounts, transfer to another Suncorp account or transfer to an external account. Internally, to the bank, I am sure these are very different operations, involving quite distinct methods of funds transfer, but to me, the customer, they are all basically the same, and that's what matters to me. The main problem is that it divides my bank account "address book" into two distinct lists: Suncorp Customers and Others, and I have to remember which group someone is in before I can transfer any money. It doesn't matter to me whether they are Suncorp customers or not. That only matters to Suncorp, but they are foisting that internal distinction onto me, presumably to make life easier on their programmers.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Other banks do things like this, too.
PPS - I only know this one because I'm with Suncorp.

No comments: