Tuesday 24 June 2014

I miss sleepovers

You know what I miss? Sleepovers. It's weird, but sometimes I just long for a party weekend where it all just keeps going until everyone is too tired to stay up, then we all have breakfast together the following morning. I'm not sure what that says about me. Maybe it was just a good time in my life and I don't feel like it lasted long enough. Maybe I'm lonely since all my friends moved away or had kids and couldn't see us any more. Maybe I don't feel like I appreciated what I had at the time. I want to go back and tell my younger self to stay up later, say yes to new things, let people in, stop trying to be seen as the scary one. Maybe I wasn't ready to grow that much at that time. I don't know. I just know I miss it.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Some unfinished parts of my life I've been able to mourn.
PPS - This one is more of a puzzle.

No comments: