Thursday 22 January 2015

Feeling better

Weight: 80.6kg
Distance: 5.50km
Time: 34m:48s
Average speed: 9.48kph

I feel better about my run this morning. Last night I was ranting a bit, and maybe I just needed to vent, because I felt really good on the treadmill today. At least for the first while, it was as if I could do this indefinitely, and I think the ability to run 3km or so at 10kph without even thinking about it is something to be proud of.

I had to run for the train this morning, too. That's something I haven't been bothering to do, partly because there are lots of trains and missing one isn't a big deal, but also because of the sweat situation. But this morning I decided a last-minute sprint wouldn't be so bad. I can put on a fair burst of speed when I want to, though I'm no Olympic sprinter. This felt good, too. I did make the train easily ... and then broke into an epic sweat for the next 20 minutes. Some things never change, I guess.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm glad to be objectively fitter than when I started.
PPS - And that, really, has been the goal.

No comments: