Sunday 25 January 2015

Motivation

Weight: 81.8kg
Distance: 5.52km
Time: 34m:53s
Average speed: 9.49kph

This doesn't usually work well when I'm tired. I mention it because that's how I woke up this morning. I didn't want to go, but I made myself anyway. This is why I don't agree with people who say they "just need to get motivated". No, what you need is to get out and do it. Motivation is nice, but dedication gets the work done. If your excuse is motivation, then you are the only thing in your way, and you can decide to get it done.

I didn't feel that fast this morning, but I was consistent, and I did turn up the speed a bit for the last kilometre. By the end of the month, I might be up another level on the treadmill.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Building fitness does feel quite good.
PPS - I might be disappointed to slow down at the end of the month.

No comments: