Wednesday 7 January 2015

The after-work running schedule

Weight: 80.8kg
Distance run: 5.52km
Time: 33m:40s
Average speed: 9.84kph

I tried something new today. I slept in until 06:00 and went running after work instead. On the plus side was the extra 30 minutes of sleep and not sweating on the train to work. The disadvantages were that I didn't get home properly until about 19:20. Also I generally feel guilty spending time on something just for me if I could instead be spending that time with Debbie. It was a bit more comfortable, though, because it was in the cool of the evening instead of the morning.

I also started breaking in some new leather boots (Dr Martens, a Christmas present) today, so I've had my foot bones in a weird shape all day, some blisters on my heels, and the exercise watch told me today was a "rest day", but none of those things is the boss of me.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Going at 10.5kph for 5km wasn't so bad.
PPS - It felt easy at the beginning, but I'm glad I didn't bump the speed up in response.

No comments: